Give your kids a pure smile
I'm going to tell you how to take care about your children's teeth and how to give them a pure smile. Did you know that dental caries (tooth decay) are the second most widespread disease of mankind after common cold…? And children below 10 years are more prone to dental caries than adults, the reasons behind this are…
- Milk teeth have thin enamel compared to the permanent teeth. So it takes less time for bacteria to destroy milk teeth than permanent teeth.
- During sleep, secretion of saliva decreases and this is the favorable environment for bacteria, and mostly children sleep without rinsing the mouth because they don't have that knowledge and parents don't care about that. Those food particles remaining in the mouth are more enough for bacteria to begin the show.
- Children are not able to brush their teeth properly because their motor skills are not completely developed. So they can't cover all the tooth surfaces properly with poor motor skills.
Mainly in India parents don't take care about their children's teeth because they are not much aware of it. Medically tooth decay in children is called 'early childhood caries (ECC)'.
According to American association of pediatric dentistry (AAPD) the disease of early childhood caries is the presence of 1 or more decayed(non cavitated or cavitated lesions), missing(due to caries), or filled tooth surfaces in any primary tooth in a child 71 months of age or younger. In children younger than 3 years of age, any sign of smooth-surface caries is indicative of severe early childhood caries(S-ECC). From ages 3 through 5, 1 or more cavitated, missing(due to caries), or filled tooth surfaces in primary maxillary anterior teeth or a decayed, missing, or filled score of greater than or equal to 4(age 3), greater than or equal to 5(age 4), greater than or equal to 6(age 5) surfaces constitutes S-ECC.
Hmmmm……trust me above paragraph is shit. According to me you should take your child to the dentist immediately after finding any decay in the child's mouth. Anyway, you people think that milk teeth are going to shed, then why we should go to the dentist and pay him. But you don't know that caries can spread to other healthy adjacent teeth in the mouth, and caries can also spread from milk teeth to growing permanent teeth beneath it. If this happens the permanent tooth erupt with caries.
Now I'll tell you some safety measures that parents should follow to prevent tooth decay in children.
- Assist your kids when they are brushing, help them to cover all the surfaces while brushing and teach them a proper brushing technique which is easy for them to follow. Foes technique is the most accepted brushing technique for children, you can find those videos in YouTube.
- Most of the parents won't allow their children to eat chocolates and sweets to prevent tooth decay, but it's not correct because it's children's right to eat chocolates. Your duty is telling them to rinse their mouth with water after eating any sweet substances and making it as a habit to them. Chemical mouth rinsing liquids are not preferable for children because they may swallow it, and some high concentrated liquids causes burns in the mouth.
- Small amount of tooth paste is enough for children to clean their teeth. In tooth paste adds they use brush full of paste, but it's not good for health. Kids toothpastes are also available in the market. Don't let your kids to eat the toothpastes.
- explain to children about the importance of brushing by showing images like this.
➡ Finally….take your kids to dental checking at least once in a year, because dentists have better eyes
than you. And don't tell them that dentists are like this
Because we are this.
If you have any query regard the kids Teeth,– please leave comments here———–